Homeowners hire a handyman to replace their kitchen backsplash. Aside from tiles, however, there are other alternative materials that can be used for a kitchen backsplash.
Tiles are indeed a great option. On the other hand, if you are looking to do a kitchen renovation, there are alternatives that you can consider to make your kitchen more creative and appealing.
Kitchen Backsplash Options From A Handyman
- Beadboard –This type offers a French country look to your backsplash for kitchen. There are many beadboard options available to you in your local home retail store. They are a great choice for your kitchen as they are affordable and versatile. They are also highly durable which is perfect for kitchens where the backsplash is exposed to all types of stains and wear every day. Beadboards are best used when painted in soft colors to effectively bring out the French country look that you are going for.
- Mirrors –Mirrors are an unusual material to be used for a kitchen backsplash. But no one says you cannot use them. The reason why many handymen and contractors recommend mirrors for a kitchen backsplash is that they are easy to clean and they make kitchens look bigger. So if you have a small kitchen, you might want to use mirrors for your backsplash to make your kitchen look bigger, brighter and cleaner.
- Glass –This type of backsplash is perfect for a modern and sleek kitchen. A glass backsplash is perfect to easily freshen up your kitchen. You can also opt to paint your wall before installing the glass to add color to your kitchen. Be sure to choose a color that will best complement your overall kitchen theme.
- Vinyl wallpaper –For those homeowners who tend to redecorate their kitchen often, the best option for you is vinyl These are very easy to install and remove so you will not have much difficulty when you feel like redecorating. There is a wide range of designs, colors, and styles available in the market today that you can find one that will match your current kitchen theme. Plus, vinyl wallpaper is easy to clean. You simply wipe away the spatters of oil, sauces, and food.
- Wood pallet –A local handyman suggests that if you are going for a country look, choose wood pallets for your kitchen backsplash. This will work well if you use the same type of wood that you used for your kitchen cabinets and cupboards. Otherwise, you also have the option to paint it with another color. You can also use lacquer over it for a more natural sheen. There are water-based waxes that you can apply as a finish for your backsplash to effectively prevent stains and damage from food splatters. Your local handyman can help you choose the specific type of wood to install for your kitchen backsplash including the finish and appropriate wax top coat to use.
- Chalkboard –For a quick, easy and inexpensive alternative for your backsplash, consider using chalkboard paint. Aside from giving your kitchen a unique look, a chalkboard backsplash also provides you with space where you and the rest of the family can write reminders, notes or messages. Cleaning is a breeze since you will only have to wipe it down with your cleaning rag.
- Stone –If you want a more creative backsplash, you can use stones for your kitchen backsplash. Aside from effectively deflecting water, stones provide warmth and texture to your kitchen. There are different types of stones that you can use for your kitchen backsplash. They come in various sizes and colors that you can mix and match to create a backsplash that complements the overall theme of your kitchen.
If you are having difficulties in choosing a backsplash for your kitchen, be sure to consult with Conway Handyman for professional assistance.